Welcome to all my Towson j-students.
Question for you: is this video newsworthy?
Here’s what your textbook says: News is information that has impact, prominence, unusualness, currency, conflict, timeliness, proximity, affinity or human interest (p. 26-30). Which values are evident in these stories:
- Joppa Road bridge reopens
- Tower B squirrel clings to life
- Ravens unveil new fight song
- Keifaber adds drama to meeting at which Senator deal OK’d
- John Waters displays lawn sign for upstart in prosecutor’s race
- Trail of E. Coli exposes flaws in beef inspection system
- Sparrows Point up for sale
- Little Italy fixture John Pente dies
- This American Life profiles one rest stop on the New York State Thruway, both the people who work there and the ones just passing through
Welcome to my class. Here are your links: