What ethical issue is at the heart of each of these links?
- A slow news day with Mencken
- F-bomb in headline at PLU sparks censorship, apology
- Questions of journalistic independence raised during presidential campaign coverage
- Questions over Romenesko’s attributions spur changes in writing, editing
For Tuesday, Read Ch. 15 of your textbook. Here’s your discussion questions:
- What are a journalist’s legal responsibilities? Name and summarize the three legal issues discussed in the book. Be sure to list and define any legal defenses discussed.
- What are a journalist’s ethical responsibilities? Name and summarize the six ethical issues discussed in the book. Be sure to state clearly what ethical guidelines a journalist should consider.