This is the I Hate Sandcastles/Success Kid, whose 2007 photo has become a well-known Internet meme.
Before spring break, we explored personal social media strategy. We studied thought leaders like journalist Brian Stelter who uses social media to report stories and communicate with readers and sources. Now, we’ll be discussing organizational social media strategy. We’ll begin tonight by discussing how some are using social media to not just communicate with audiences, but to bypass traditional modes of production (book publishers, cable networks) and sell directly to audiences themselves:
- Minature e-books let journalists stretch legs
- Comics now selling laughs by the download
- Louis C.K. reflects on “Louie”
- Louis C.K. makes $200,000 profit in four days, $1 million in 12 days with $5 video
- Aziz Ansari lauches $5 comedy special online
Readings and assignments are on the class schedule.